Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 36 - Chilifest

Every year, the Bryan/College Station and surrounding community revs up for a giant event called CHILIFEST.
It's essentially a shit show. 
Allow me to elaborate: It's set up as a two-day country music festival with a chili cook-off on the side. What is becomes is two LONG days of college debauchery. Graduating seniors are in for one last rally, all the underclassmen just want a break from all the damn school work, and I don't know what the other guests are doing, honestly.
This year I'm attending with a wonderful group of gentlemen called Ol' AGS. Over the last year, these guys have become my absolute favorite men's organization on campus and some of my favorite friends. I'm sad I didn't get closer to them earlier.
Our theme this year is Willy Donka and the Chilifest Factory. (Ol' AGS are also called Ol' Donks & their mascot is a donkey. No relation to the democratic party. (This is the south, dammit!))

This is a 8500 beer pyramid for the 350 people in our group alone:

It's beautiful, right? I can't wait to dig in when I arrive later today. Just kidding. You know I only drink liquor.
I'm sitting in the office right now, but I'll be in beautiful Snook, TX for the madness around 5. If I make it back alive, I'll report on the activities. Expect pictures. Expect giggles.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO DAY 36. CHILIFEST FOREVERRRRRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment