Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Backpackin'

After much contemplation, I have decided that the rolling suitcase life is just not for me this time. My travel schedule is very fast paced, and often through less urban landscapes, so I have decided that my main luggage will be a hiking backpack.

This one, to be exact. The North Face Terra 40L. I went back and forth between the 40L and the slightly larger 50L but decided that I could start small and upgrade if the pack life fit me. The 50L was also designed for a man with a much longer torso than mine, so it didn't quite suit my size. 

I couldn't be happier with my choice! Don't mind my raggedy appearance.. Just woke up:

The perfect fit!

I'm fairly confident I can fit almost all of my belongings for a month in there. I'll also be carrying a small duffle carry-on with important things I can't lose, as well as one change of clothes and my toiletries. For day time excursions I'm bringing my KAVU backpack and a small nicer purse. I'll include pictures with my packing list post soon to come.

Yeeeee! Less than 48 hours until I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment