Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Paris By Night

This morning, I knew I wanted to leave Brussels, but didn't have any real plans. I was going to the train station and taking whatever train sounded like a fun trip to me, preferably in the area of western Germany. Luckily, I didn't have to worry over that very long, because around 11:30, my cousin Taylor who lives in Paris invited me to stay with her for a few days! Talk about perfect timing. So I packed my bags, found the quickest bus to Paris, and went on my merry way! 

I arrived in the city around 5, met Taylor at her law office to grab the apartment keys, and after dropping off my bags, went to explore the city on foot! I didn't cover too much ground that first day because I was so exhausted from the traveling and madness of Brussels/Bruges. Not to mention the metro/train maps are completely insane. Every part of this city is completely reachable by public transportation, but that means there are a hundred lines all going different directions!

That evening after Taylor got off work, we went to see Paris at its finest. Paris at night has 1/20th the traffic and tourists, as well as some spectacular views you don't get during the day. Examples:

I LOVED the Eiffel Tower and Louvre. They were so beautiful all lit up. This city really does live up to its name.. "The City of Lights!"


No comments:

Post a Comment