Monday, June 9, 2014

The Gentleman Comes to Copenhagen

Soooo my fella has arrived in Copenhagen! Naturally we had to go see all the sights again. By now, I feel relatively comfortable with the bus/metro/train situation and we managed to get where we were headed without too much trouble! We even rented a bike to get around the city for a few hours. I rode on the back (which I'm thinking might be illegal) or our short journeys but never got anything more than a few weird looks.

Saturday we purchased sandwich stuff from the grocery store and spent the day sight seeing and eating sammiches in various locations, only getting yelled at for it once.

We managed to get very lucky with our accommodation situation, securing two different hostels around 4:00-7:00pm both nights. They were both such different but wonderful places!

Friday night we stayed in City Public Hostel near Vesterport Station. It was full of twenty-somethings from around the world sharing their travel adventures. Hostels are the bomb. Friday night we made some friends from Jersey, California and the U.K. and ventured out for Distortion round 2. It was another crazy awesome night.

Saturday we went a bit out of town on a 20-minute metro ride to Danhostel Amager. It was certainly out of the way, but swanky enough that we didn't mind the trek. This hostel was more of a family hotel with very nice bedrooms and showers, and lots of families with young children wandering around. Luckily, Gentleman and I were both extremely tired and weren't looking to make party friends anyways.
We just arrived in Luneburg, Germany last night and are going to spend a short day wandering around here. I meant to leave today for Amsterdam, but it's a German national holiday and none of the shops are open for me to exchange my currency or print off my bus tickets. Frustrating. I think if the states closed this way on Sundays and minor holidays, people would not be able to deal. Nothing is open. Gas stations MAYBE if you're lucky. I guess I'm just learning not to expect to travel on Sundays!

Sigh. Lessons in patience.

Tschuss from Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment