Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Gentleman and I in Lüneburg

My trip is all about wandering, so naturally, I needed no plans upon arriving to Lüneburg with my fella. 

Knowing how much I was missing the meal, sweet Gentleman made us bacon and eggs in the morning. Delish. We spent the afternoon doing some serious meandering through his little town, Lüneburg. This was my first experience with a  small city in Germany and I was not at all disappointed. In my own words: "Everything was exactly as it should be."
The buildings were all super old with modern touches inside. Everybody was sitting on patios and street corners and dining al fresco. The foot traffic far outnumbered cars, and by 3:00, everybody had a cone of Eis (gelato) in their hands. It was so dreamy and peaceful. We had AMAZING  Chinese food for lunch. When in Rome, right?

Around dinner time, thunderclouds started to roll in, and unfortunately we had no food. Dashing Gentleman in all his manly glory set out on a bike to find us an open grocery store, but since it was a national holiday, everything was closed. He came back 45 minutes later completely wet, but wielding frozen pizzas. My hero! We turned in accidentally early after such a long day of moseying. I didn't intend to stay a day in Lüneburg, but luckily I couldn't arrange my bus ticket in time and got a lovely day with my handsome guy instead.

The next day (Tuesday), he biked for his life to make it to the train station in time to bring me my printed bus ticket and ensure that I found my Eurolines bus to Amsterdam safely. He wouldn't even let me carry my own backpack, no matter how much I whined about being an empowered, independent woman. He's doing it right.

Next stop: Amsterdam, Netherlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment